Anastasia Injushina – Mozart: Piano Works – Neglected Treasures (2014/2016)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/192 kHz | Time – 01:08:37 minutes | 1,94 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © 2xHD
Second release on Ondine by the award-winning pianist Anastasia Injushina features some of the lesser-known aspects of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s (1756–1791) piano music. Injushina is particularly known for the poetry and sensitivity in her playing, which makes Mozart’s music, among others, a perfect choice for repertoire for her.
During the 1780s Mozart became deeply interested in Baroque music. In Vienna he took actively part in Sunday meetings arranged by van Swieten where the music of the old masters, such as Handel and Bach, were played. As a result the influence of Baroque music became visible in some of Mozart’s works which are heard on this disc.
The Suite in C was influenced by Handel’s piano suites. Prelude and Fugue is a great example of Mozart’s interest in the art of the Fugue and the music of Bach. The Sonata movement KV 312 and Andante in F major for Small Mechanical Organ are among Mozart’s last completed pieces. Twelve Variations in C major on ‘Ah vous dirai-je, Maman’ is a delightful piece based on the famous children’s song Twinkle, twinkle, little star.
‘Uninhibitedly exploiting the resources of the modern Steinway (no pussyfooting), Anastasia Injushina is an imaginative, often compelling Mozartian. The variation sets that grew out of Mozart’s own improvisations come off especially well, with Injushina relishing both their extrovert brilliance and their textural subtleties … truthfully recorded …’ (Gramophone)
1. Suite in C Major, K. 399: I. Overture 04:24
2. Suite in C Major, K. 399: II. Allemande 04:34
3. Suite in C Major, K. 399: III. Courante 03:03
4. Allegro in G Minor, K. 312 04:18
5. Prelude and Fugue in C Major, K. 394: Prelude 05:10
6. Prelude and Fugue in C Major, K. 394: Fugue 05:16
7. Andante in F Major, K. 616 07:24
8. Allegro in B-Flat Major, K. 400 08:39
9. 10 Variations in G Major on Gluck’s Unser dummer Pobel meint, K. 455 13:13
10. 12 Variations in C Major on Ah vous dirai-je, maman, K. 265 12:36
Anastasia Injushina, piano