Busch Trio – Dvořák: Piano Trios, Op. 65 & 90 “Dumky” (2016)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:16:33 minutes | 1,29 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Booklet, Front Cover | © Alpha
This young trio that takes its name from the legendary violinist Adolf Busch (1891-1952) has already made its name on the international scene as one of the most talented of the new generation, picking up on its travels enthusiastic reactions from public and press – as well as several prizes at the major competitions. ‘ . . . what impressed most was the group’s effortless musicianship and unity of thought and attack. The threesome even seemed to be breathing in synch’, wrote The Times after one of their concerts at the Wigmore Hall.
Under the auspices of Alpha Classics and the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel, the ensemble has set itself a challenge: to record the complete chamber music with piano of Antonín Dvořák. With the monumental Trios no.3 op.65 and no.4 op.90, these Londonbased musicians get the saga off to a flying start, in deeply felt interpretations that penetrate to the heart of the great Czech composer’s poetic universe.
01. Piano Trio No. 3 in F minor, op. 65: I. Allegro ma non troppo
02. Piano Trio No. 3 in F minor, op. 65: II. Allegretto grazioso
03. Piano Trio No. 3 in F minor, op. 65: III. Poco adagio
04. Piano Trio No. 3 in F minor, op. 65: IV. Finale (Allegro con brio)
05. Piano Trio No. 4 in E Minor, Op. 90 “Dumky”: I. Lento maestoso-Allegro quasi doppio movimento-Lento maestoso-Allegro
06. Piano Trio No. 4 in E Minor, Op. 90 “Dumky”: II. Poco adagio-Vivace non troppo-Poco adagio-Vivace
07. Piano Trio No. 4 in E Minor, Op. 90 “Dumky”: III. Andante-Vivace non troppo-Andante
08. Piano Trio No. 4 in E Minor, Op. 90 “Dumky”: IV. Andante moderato-Allegretto scherzando-Meno mosso
09. Piano Trio No. 4 in E Minor, Op. 90 “Dumky”: V. Allegro-Meno mosso, quasi tempo primo
10. Piano Trio No. 4 in E Minor, Op. 90 “Dumky”: VI. Lento maestoso-Vivace-Lento-Vivace