Henryk Szeryng – Brahms: Double Concerto / Beethoven: 2 Romances (Remastered) (2018)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/96 kHz | Time – 51:05 minutes | 1,01 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Master, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Decca Music Group Ltd.
As a young boy he was trained by his mother to play piano but later decided to exchange the instrument for the violin. In 1928, convinced by Bronisław Huberman (a friend of the family), Szeryng went to Berlin to study under Karl Flesch. His debut concert took place in Warsaw in 1933 when he performed Ludwig van Beethoven’s Violin Concerto in D major with Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Bruno Walter. In the same year he played in Bucharest, Vienna, and Paris, achieving acclaim both from the audience and the critics. In the years 1933-1939 the artist continued to learn violin under Jacques Thibaud and Gabriel Bouillon and studied composition under Nadia Boulanger.
1. Double Concerto in A Minor, Op. 102 : 1. Allegro 17:06
2. Double Concerto in A Minor, Op. 102 : 2. Andante 07:35
3. Double Concerto in A Minor, Op. 102 : 3. Vivace non troppo – Poco meno allegro – Tempo I 08:57
4. Violin Romance No. 1 in G Major, Op. 40 08:04
5. Violin Romance No. 2 in F Major, Op. 50 09:23
Henryk Szeryng, viloin
János Starker, violoncello
Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
Bernard Haitink, conductor