Ivan Ilic – Reicha Rediscovered, Vol. 1 (2017)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:06:41 minutes | 1,04 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Master, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Chandos
The Serbian-American Paris-based pianist Ivan Ilić has signed a new multi-album recording contract with Chandos Records, following internationally acclaimed recordings of works by Godowsky and Feldman. His first project on the label is a series devoted to the solo piano works of the Czech composer Antoine Reicha, a contemporary and lifelong friend of Beethoven.
Although best known for his contributions to the repertoire for wind quintet, Reicha wrote vast quantities of solo piano music, most of which has never been recorded. The manuscripts, preserved in the Bibliothèque nationale de France, were published only recently.
Offering premiere recordings of the Grande Sonate in C major, the Sonata in F major, and three excerpts from Practische Beispiele, this first volume confirms Reicha as an authoritative, singular voice, whose piano works complement and enrich our understanding of Haydn and Beethoven. Volume 1 is a coproduction of Chandos, RTS (Swiss Radio), and the Palazzetto Bru Zane – Centre de Musique Romantique Française in Venice.
01. Practische Beispiele: No. 20, Harmonie
02. Grande Sonata in C Major: I. Allegro moderato
03. Grande Sonata in C Major: II. Adagio
04. Grande Sonata in C Major: III. Finale capriccio. Allegro
05. Practische Beispiele: No. 7, Capriccio
06. Piano Sonata in F Major “Variations on a Theme by Mozart”: I. Theme. Andante
07. Piano Sonata in F Major “Variations on a Theme by Mozart”: II. Menuetto. Allegretto-Trio
08. Piano Sonata in F Major “Variations on a Theme by Mozart”: III. Finale. Rondeau
09. Practische Beispiele: No. 4, Fantaisie sur un seul accord
10. Études dans le genre fugué, Op. 97: No. 1, Poco andante